The project aims to promote well-being at work where the pressure of change caused by digitalisation strongly affects the contents of work, work tools, and workflows.
The project’s aims at supporting and encouraging SMEs to start and develop service innovation projects and develop processes and solutions regarding customer understanding.
The Terminator of Järvenpää
Sweat beads on the kiln operator’s forehead at Finemal Oy. The work is physically demanding on a summer’s day next to the 820-degree heat source. When lifting metal objects, the hands rise above a 90-degree angle, which strains the shoulders. The same situation applies to spray painters. The employees asked if the company could try the use of an external support backbone, i.e. an exoskeleton.
Cobot in action
The owners of Riihimäen Ritema Oy wondered whether it is worth investing in automatics as the batch sizes are small. The WIMMA project brought a collaboration robot, a.k.a. cobot, to the company for testing. What were entrepreneur Erja Eiro’s thoughts on the pilot?
Cobot adds power to production
When machinist-programmer Tero Palmio of Levyx Oy leaves work, the UR10e cobot, or collaboration robot, starts yet another work shift. The robot works non-stop as long as there are enough blanks. The following day, the collaboration will continue resulting in double productivity.
WIMMA – We Master the IoT
- ERDF program project, 09/2019 – 9/2022
- Were evaluated the possibilities of digital renewal of companies
- A guide for the digital management for SMEs
- Digitalization mapping for 47 SMEs
- 19 plans for digitalization
- 10 pilotings
- 31 webinarsNPS chapter 61
TUDI 4.0 – Digital renewal of industry
- ERDF program project, 11/2019 – 7/2020
- A tool for viewing the current state of material operations was developed
- A survey was made in 31 companies
- Four piloting of new technologies of company groups were carried out, involving 18 companies
- A guide for the developer of the material functions of a production company was prepared
- 25 seminars or other events, participants more than 1000 people
- NPS chapter 51
KASKI – Growth and new value with expertise
- ERDF program project, 9/2016 – 2/2019
- The development needs of 86 SMEs were mapped
- Conceptualization of new services was carried out with 43 companies
- 30 new or renewed services and 5 internationalization projects
- The Helsinki Ring of Industry (HRI) concept was developed for regional investment marketing. The work received an honorable mention at the Municipal Marketing Championship.
- NPS chapter 57
POKA – Profitable growth through specialization
- ERDF program project, 3/2015 – 8/2017
- Identification of specialization potential in 112 companies
- Building international capability in 48 companies
- Export promotion project in 22 companies
- 10 seminars, 160 participants
- NPS chapter 50